Mar 12, 2022
JAGCE | The 9th National Conference & the 2nd International Web Conference 2022
The Japan Association for Global Competency Education (JAGCE)
Conference Theme: A New Era of Global Human Resource Development: Learning and Education from Experiential Knowledge
The 9th National Conference of the Japan Association for Global Competency Education (JAGCE) has planned to provide a forum to reflect on the hardships experienced during the Corona pandemic, the sharing of challenges faced and learning from this experience, and the resulting development of various initiatives.
The keynote speeches and invited lectures will present the internationalization efforts of corporations and the use of online services in the new era: indicating the future direction of global human resources development and education. One of the features of this conference is that it is co-hosted by the Kanto, Chubu, Kansai, Chugoku, and Shikoku Chapters of the JAGCE and also the Sri Lankan school students would be able to take part in these International Conferences.
The JAGCE chapters will present a rich program including presentations from individuals with diverse backgrounds active in the global society, an international education initiative in collaboration with Sri Lanka, and the development of practical education and educators for the new era.
In addition, the Educational Coordination Subcommittee’s project will engage junior/senior high school and university students in live online international exchange through speeches and exchanges of opinions.
This conference will provide an opportunity to think about new global human resources development education into the future.
- Conference Committee President, Kansai Chapter President: Keiko Hattori (Kinki University)
- Conference Executive Committee President, Chubu Chapter President: Tadayoshi Tanaka (Kanazawa University of Technology)
- Conference Executive Committee Vice-president, Kanto Chapter President: Toshikazu Kato (Chuo University)
- Chubu & Shikoku Chapters President: Tsukasa Daizen (Hiroshima University)
- International Exchange Committee: Ananda Kumara (LNBTI)
- Specialty Group and Educational Coordination Subcommittee: Norikazu Okuyama (Toin Gakuen)
Dates and Venues:
- 2022 March 12th (Saturday) – Kansai University of International Studies: Amagasaki Campus
- 2022 March 13th (Sunday) – Mukogawa Women’s University: Central Campus
- Delivery Format: Hybrid-Mode with “Face-to-Face” and “Remote Delivery”. Camera-On mode is advisable.
Agenda of the Conference Program
|Day 01 (March 12th – Saturday)||Day 02 (March 13th – Sunday)|
|Special Commemorative Lecture:||Invited Lecture (Language: English)|
|Internationalization efforts in the Kansai economic community|
Ms. Kyoko Ikoma (Executive Secretary, Kansai Association of Corporate Executives)
|Reflecting on online teaching in the pandemic and looking forward, Mark Donnellan (Kwansei Gakuin University)|
|Kanto Chapter Project (Language: Japanese)||Chubu Chapter Project (Language: English & Japanese)|
|Panel Talk: Competencies Required for Global Learning and Work in an Age of Diversity.||Collaboration between Japan and Sri Lanka on Global Human Resource Development|
|Educational Coordination Subcommittee Project: Speech and Show & Tell (Multilingual)||Kansai Chapter, Chugoku/Shikoku Chapters Project (Language: Japanese)|
|Global Interactions among Junior High, Senior High and University Students in the Generation of Smartphones||Panel Talk: Message for a New Era: Educational Practice and the Development of Leaders|
Sri Lankan Contribution:
|Day 01 (March 12)||Day 02 (March 13th)|
|Evening Session by 30-40 High school students, for the “Speech and “Show” and Tell” Session (5 students from each school)||A Speech on “Japanese language education in Sri Lankan universities, Current situation, and issues, importance” by Dr. Dilrukshi Rathnayake | University of Kelaniya|
Yoshida International School
Ananda College, Colombo
Sangamitte College, Galle
Holly Cross College, Gampaha
Sirimavo Balika Vidyalaya, Colombo
A Speech on “The teaching of Japanese language in high schools in Sri Lanka” by Anju Hewage Sensei | Ananda College, Colombo
|A Self-intro by students – Language – Japanese or Sinhala|
Duration – 1 minute
Topic – My treasure (Any object valuable for themselves which also has a Cultural value)
|Audience – Day 01 students are welcome here to participate in Day 02|
- Selected school students and teachers may register by 7th March 2022
- The Registration link will be shared in due course
For more information about JAGCE: Click Here!