Jan 15, 2022
LNBTI 5S Challenge
The 5S methodology is derived from five Japanese terms beginning with the letter “S”. 5S methodologies will help to arrange a clean, uncluttered, safe, and well-organized environment in the workplace. This can enhance the productivity of our day-to-day activities and make them smoother and pleasanter. By following the 5S methodology, the qualities such as organization and self-discipline will be gradually built into our routines which would contribute to personality development. Therefore, it is important for all youngsters and adults alike to be aware of and follow such a valuable methodology
- Seiri (Sort): To separate needed stuff from unneeded stuff and to remove the unneeded ones.
- Seiton (Set in Order): To neatly arrange and identify parts and tools for ease of use.
- Seiso (Shine): To conduct a cleanup campaign.
- Seiketsu (Standardize): To conduct seiri, seiton, and seiso continuously to maintain a workplace in perfect condition.
- Shitsuke (Sustain): To form the habit of always following the first four S’s.
LNBTI “5S Challenge” Programme
5S Challenge is a program to create awareness and motivate society to arrange a quality environment, physically and mentally in order to improve the productivity of our daily routines through the 5S concept.
Objectives of the LNBTI 5S Challenge:
- Improve productivity of the society by motivating to eliminate waste.
- Promote a sense of pride in maintaining orderliness at home and workspace.
- Encouraging participants to develop a stress-free environment at home and at the workplace.
- Appreciate the effort put into following the 5S concept.
About the Challenge
Contestants have to implement the 5S methodology to a place of their choice and share the details of their effort with us. They have to present how they have applied 5S through a video.
Rules and Regulations of the 5S Challenge
1. Candidate/s can select one from either school or public categories.
2. Candidate/s can participate in any number of challenges under individual or group categories.
3. Age limit of the candidates competing under the school category should be 6 – 18 yrs.
4. Candidates can apply under public or school categories and each category is divided as an individual and group. (Details of all group members should be provided.)
Following are the subcategories that candidates can select:
5. Candidate/s have to submit one (1) minute video for any of the categories above.
6. The following points should be included in the video:
- The appearance of before and after applying 5S
- The problems before applying 5S
- Challenges faced while applying 5S
- Improvements after applying 5S
- To whom the challenge is passed next. (eg: “I want to challenge the friends of my school also to apply 5S to their classrooms/computer lab/library.” )
7. Description of the video can be included as text or voice in Sinhala or English language.
Refer to this sample video to study how to prepare the content of the video:
8. The video can be formed using video editing techniques or any other tool.
Click here to study how a video editor can be used to prepare a video.
Click here to study how to use PowerPoint to make videos.
9. Visuals, text, and voice in the video should be very clear and of good quality.
10. Videos should be uploaded onto YouTube Short or Instagram and the link should be shared in the 5S Challenge registration form below.
#LNBTI5SChallenge hashtag should be included in the video posted on YouTube Short or Instagram.
Tag the people whom you pass the 5S Challenge when you are uploading the video (@tagfriend).
Refer to this video to study how to submit your video:
11. The deadline for the registration is 31st of December 2021.
12. Submitted YouTube video will be shared in the LNBTI YouTube channel and Instagram after registering with the 5S Challenge.
13. Contesters can increase the number of views and likes for their video by sharing their video through social media and passing the challenge to many people.
14. Selection of winners:
- Best and the most popular videos will be selected.
- Winners and participants will be received valuable certificates.
- The best videos will be selected by the judging panel.
- Most popular videos will be selected based on the number of views, shares, and likes through YouTube Short and Instagram.
For more information call : 076 5544 500