Mar 31, 2021
Nihon Star – Japanese Talent Competition 2021
This talent show is an event in which participants perform any activities to showcase their skills and also will provide an excellent Japanese cultural platform for participants to identify their hidden talents.
Objectives of the competition
- To showcase the rich Japanese culture through the performances of diverse talents from categories related to Japan.
- To build a strong community of Sri Lankan youth who appreciate Japanese language & culture.
- To create a platform for youth to showcase their diverse talents, related to Japan.
About the Competition
The Japanese talent competition is organized by LNBTI, the premier Japanese quality higher education provider, for the youth who are exposed to Japanese language and culture to showcase a variety of unique talents which are relevant to Japan.
Following are the categories:
Performing Arts Category
- Singing – Japanese song
- Dancing – Japanese style / dancing to a Japanese song
- Speech in Japanese (On any topic)
- Cosplay – With an introduction to the chosen character, followed by an act pertaining to that character.
- Rakugo – Comic story telling with facial expressions (Humor)
Fine Arts Category
- Calligraphy – writing their favorite kanji character in calligraphy
- Making unique origami designs
- Ikebana – Art of Japanese flower arrangement (using only natural materials)
- Haiku poem writing – On Japanese seasons
- Kyara ben – making creative lunchboxes (using only edible material and displaying the character/s clearly)
- Creative writing in Japanese
This competition will be open for youth between ages of 15 -25 years.
Please visit following links for more details about each competition :
Rules & regulations of the programme
- Winners are selected for the best presentation and the most popular presentation.
- Each winner will receive a valuable certificate.
- All competitors will also receive a valuable certificate of their participation.
The first round
Due to popular demand, the video submission deadline of performing arts category has been extended till 17th of April 2021
The candidates competing in the “Performing Arts” category set, should upload the first competitive performance videos onto their own google drive and share the link of video via LNBTI website by 17th April 2021. (access for the video should be given to “email@example.com” email address)
The candidates competing in the “Fine Arts” category set, should perform live from 19th April 2021 at the time allocated (event time and Zoom link will be shared via email and WhatsApp).
Fine Arts Event Timetable
The panel of judges will judge all performances and announce the performances qualifying for the second round from:
Performing Arts category – 23rd April 2021
Fine Arts category – 1st May 2021
The second round
The qualified candidates from the 1st round competing in the “Performing Arts” category, should upload their second competitive performance video onto their own google drive and share the link of video via LNBTI website by 1st May 2021. (access for the video should be given to “firstname.lastname@example.org” email address)
The qualified candidates from the 1st round competing in the “Fine Arts” category, should make the second live performance from 10th May 2021 at the time allocated (the time will be communicated by an official email).
The panel of judges will select winners for all categories.
Rules & regulations of the programme
- The candidate/s can select any category from either performing arts or fine arts categories.
- The candidate/s who are competing in the “Performing Arts” category set, should video record the performance item clearly to show authenticity.
- The candidate/s who are competing in the “Fine Arts” Category set, should perform live at the allocated time.
- Application could be filled either as a solo item or as a group.
- The duration of the performance in the video of candidates competing in the “Performing Arts” category set should not exceed 5 mins.
- Candidates competing in the “Fine Arts” category Set, should not exceed more than 15 mins in their live performances.
- Theme of the performance – any performance should fit into specified categories and related to Japan.
More Information : 077 336 0000
Candidates competing in the “Performing Arts” category set, should upload videos onto their own google drive and share the link of video via following form by 17th April 2021. (access for the video should be given to “email@example.com” email address)
Demonstration video: HTTPS://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/WATCH?V=JZTAK6T08TE